Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Light is on

Finally! I got the lighting set up.

I originally got the CurrentUSA Nova Extreme Pro 72" 12 lamp T5HO fixture because it seems to be the best budget choice for a high light tank. But it turned out to be "Extreme" noisy. It has four cooling fans and I can hear the noise they make even in another room.

So I just returned it. Have to let some money go for shipping back the 40lb box.

Then I ordered the AquaticLife 72" 12 lamp T5HO. It arrived yesterday. I put it up and it is just much better than the Nova Extreme in terms of the noise level. I am happy about it so far.

BTW most of the online pet stores I visited has some scary return policy like you have to return the item in totally new and resell-able, like if the item is damaged on the road they are not responsible on it you have to deal with the shipper yourself, restocking fee, blah blah blah. They just wouldn't take any risk.

Anyway, I put the light on and moved two fishes (I have to admit that I picked the two that I like the least. I feel guilty) to the new tank. They seem to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment